Steps to Fix/Repair Popping Hardwood Floors
Here are some of the steps by which the customers can easily fix their Popping Hardwood Floors:
- Inspect The Floor: The customers need to start by inspecting the area that usually makes a popping sound when walking over it. The customers then need to mark that poppy spot by using the painter’s tape.
- Drill A Hole: The customers then need to make a hole within the painter’s tape and the hardwood floorboard by using the power drill. The customers must not drill between the joint of the boards. They then need to place the small nail inside the drilled hole. The customers then need to make a mark on one side of the nail and this will let the customers know the exact depth of the drilled hole.
- Cut The Dowel Rod: The customers then need to trim the dowel rod to the exact depth of the marked nail and the dowel rod will be used as a plug for the restoration process. The customers then need to trim one edge of the rod by using the pocket knife.
- Use The Utility Syringe: The customers then need to use the utility syringe and then drag the plunger out from the syringe. They then need to fill the utility syringes with the construction adhesive and then the customers need to put back the plunger in the syringe and slightly press the plunger until the glue overflow from the syringe.
- Squeeze The Glue: The customers then need to place the extreme tip of the utility syringe in the floor hole and then they have to slightly push the plunger so that the glue will squeeze in the floor hole. The customers then need to use another soft rag in order to clean all the excess glue from the hole.
- Place The Dowel: The customers then need to place the trimmed edge of the dowel directly in the hole and hit it lightly by using the hammer. The customers then need to place a heavy wood piece on the top surface of the dowel in order to keep the dowel in one place. The customers then need to clean the excess glue and then the customers also need to remove the tape from the hardwood floor.
- Seal The Dowel: The Customers then need to paint the dowel and at last, they need to use the polyurethane material in order to completely seal the dowel.