Easy Methods To Prevent Your Rug From Becoming Unraveled
Generally, prevention is always better than cure with regard to unraveling oriental rugs. As soon as you notice that the fringe comes unfinished or damaged, you need to take your rug for repair immediately. If you don't pay any attention & decide to ignore it, the exposed knots can make it highly possible that your rug becomes unraveled. This, as a result, will negatively affect the value of your rug, as well as it also puts your rug at the risk of permanent and unrepairable damage. However, sometimes it might be difficult to determine whether the damage is indeed environmentally unfriendly to your rug, or if it simply dirt. In most of the cases, after having the oriental rug expertly sanitized as well as inspected, people find that their rugs are still restorable. Your rug can become unravel if you don't clean & take good care of the fringe in your rug. There are two easy methods to clean the fringe of your rug, thus preventing your rug from becoming unraveled.
Multipurpose Cleaning Method
- First of all, collect the materials required for the process, which may include vacuum, soft bristle brush, dish detergent, laundry detergent or rug cleaner, water, vinegar, towel or tarp, spray bottle.
- In order to safeguard your floor underneath the fringe, you need to place a towel or rug. When you are dealing with large rugs, then a tarp will be easier to put down under the fringe.
- After that, you need to rigorously vacuum clean the entire rug, with the help of a handheld attachment or vacuum without the beater brush.
- Using the brush, comb, straighten or neaten out the fringe. It is important that the comb should be soft as well as gentle. Combing out the fringe will help to get rid of the majority of the remaining dirt. Combine or put together 1/4 cup of vinegar & 2 cups of water in a spray bottle.
- Now, it is time to sprinkling down the fringe. The vinegar will neutralize odors as well as the gentle acid of vinegar will help loosen stains. Combine or put together a few cups of water with a cap full of cleaner.
- With the help of a brush, smoothly & firmly scrub the fringe using the soap mixture. Rinse with water & after that, let it air dry.
- Firstly, collect the materials required for the process, which may include Ammonia, water, vinegar, vacuum, tarp or towel, sponge, soft brush, gloves, spray bottle.
- Now, put down the tarp or towel in order to safeguard the floor underneath the rug. Vacuum clean the entire rug with the help of a handheld attachment.
- Brush out the fringe in order to get rid of any hidden dirt. Combine or put together 1/8 cup of ammonia with a cup of water.
- Soak a sponge or towel in the ammonia mixture before smoothly & firmly dabbing the fringe. Continue the same process as long as the stain or dirt is entirely removed.
- Combine or put together 1/4 cup of vinegar with 2 cups of water. Spray the fringe using the vinegar as a rinse before letting it air dry.