5 Easy Steps Of Fixing A Pivot Shower Door
Most of the shower doors that swing out use pivots to open and close the shower door. Repairing your shower door, or replacing the pivots, always requires removing the door. The removal process is distinctive among the door manufacturers, but the general conception is similar. Removing your shower door always requires to disentangle the upper pivot from your door and frame so that you can easily remove the door from the lower pivot hole. Once your upper pivot is out of the way, your door removes from the opening with little difficulty. If you want to fix your pivot shower door by yourself then you just need to follow all the below-mentioned steps to finish this task:
Steps For This Process
- Place A Towel: First of all, you need to place a towel on the floor of the shower in order to protect the finish while you are working. You also need to place a step stool on top of your towels so that you can adequately access the top of your shower door and shower door frame if it has a frame on the pivot side of your door.
- Open Shower Door: The next thing to do is to open the shower door halfway and also ask a friend to hold your door in that position. The shower doors can be awkward and bulky, depending upon the type of glass.
- Search For Screws: Next you need to search for the screws securing the pivot cap to the top of your pivot jamb. The cap at the top of your jamb covers the upper pivot mechanism. You now need to remove all the screws securing the cap with the help of your Phillips-head screwdriver.
- Remove Screws: Now you need to remove all the screws securing the upper pivot mechanism to your pivot jamb by using your Phillips-head screwdriver. Simply lift the pivot mechanism off the top of your shower door.
- Grab Shower Door: Finally you have to grab your shower door at the sides with your hands. Now you need to lift straight up to remove your lower pivot pin from the bushing at the bottom of your shower door frame and then you have to move your shower door out of your way.