The leather couch is also famous as a futon, mostly placed in the living room or in the study room. The leather couch looks older after a short period of time and needs to refinish.
Steps To Dye Leather Couch
Here are the easy steps to clean and dye a leather couch:
Cleaning And Deglazing The Leather
- Workspace: In order to dye the leather couch, first bring the leather couch in well- ventilated area.
- Place: Now, place the leather couch on the top of drop cloths to avoid floor stains.
- Clean: Use, soapy water to clean the leather couch with a clean cloth. Never soak the leather couch, simply rub the cloth lightly on the couch.
- Painter's Tape: Cover the unwanted area of leather couch with painter's tape to avoid stain damage.
- Deglazer Or Acetone: Use clean rag to rub the acetone or deglazer on leather couch. It will ready the leather couch to dye.
Applying The Dye
Now, apply the dye on leather by following the given steps:
- Purchase: The user needs to purchase a leather dye with a matching color of the leather couch or the user can also use white dye to get the light color.
- Spray: Make the leather couch slightly wet because it will absorb the dye easily, use spray bottle for this work. Don’t soak the leather couch.
- Apply: Now, apply a thin coat of leather dye on the couch. Use wool daubers or sponge to spread the dye on the couch. Start working with small sections at a time.
- Dry: Allow the leather couch to dry for nearly 1-2 hours.
- Finisher: Finally, apply a leather finisher to the leather couch after the dying process to give a shiny look to couch.