Steps And Items Needed To Cut Vinyl Tile Around Toilet
Vinyl tile can be the best choice for your bathroom tiles because the lifespan of your vinyl tile can be up to 20-25 years. As far as the durability of vinyl tile is concerned, it is very much durable but installing the vinyl tile can be difficult some times like cutting the vinyl tile around the toilet, if you are facing such issues while cutting your vinyl tile around your toilet, then you need to collect the given items and follow all the given steps to fix this issue. Here are the item list and steps for this process:
Things You Will Need
- Vinyl Tiles
- Adhesive Tape
Steps For This Process
After collecting all the required items, now here are the easy steps to finish this process without wasting your precious time:
- First of all, you need to install full vinyl tiles on your bathroom floor & stop when the full vinyl tiles will not fit next to your toilet flange. This can leave you with a discovered area around the base of your toilet.
- Next, lay a full piece of your vinyl tile on a piece of the newspaper. Trace around the tile by using a pencil. Cut your newspaper along with the pencil lines by using scissors.
- Now, lay your cut piece of newspaper in place of a missing tile, lining up the corner of your newspaper to where the corner of vinyl tile would be placed. Tape one side of your newspaper to one of the present vinyl tiles by using the adhesive tape and this is to hold it in place for a temporary period of time.
- Press your newspaper against the toilet flange and creasing the newspaper as necessary. Press a small section of the newspaper at a time by using your pencil to mark where your paper touches the flange. Continue pressing your newspaper along with the flange, a diminutive at a time, mark it as you go, until you have marked everyplace the newspaper touches with the flange.
- Next you have to make a mark in your newspaper, in an area which you are not going to cut away, to signify the top side of your newspaper. This is to avert unintentionally flipping the pattern after removing it from your floor.
- Remove your newspaper from your floor & cut along the pencil line. Lay your newspaper back in the same spot, checking the cut edge that follows the curve of your toilet flange. Recut edges as essential until your newspaper pattern is absolutely in the right shape.
- Now you need to lay your vinyl tile in front of yourself facing the backside of the tile. Place your newspaper pattern piece on top of your vinyl tile, with the backside of your pattern piece(facing up). The marked side of your newspaper pattern piece, face the backside of your vinyl tile.
- Line up the flat sides & corner of your newspaper pattern piece with the flat & corner sides of your vinyl tile. Trace the edge of your newspaper pattern piece onto your vinyl tile. Cut your vinyl tile along with the pencil mark. Lay your vinyl tile in place along with your toilet flange to check the fit. Trim your tile if indispensable .
- Peel off the paper backing of your vinyl tile & then press it into place. Repeat this process with the remaining vinyl tiles to fit around the toilet flange.