Steps To Clean The Upholstery/Couch
To clean the upholstery follow the below-given steps:
- Vacuum: To remove any type of dust particle from the surface of the upholstery vacuum can be used. Remove all the dirt from the crevices. Use a lint roller where the vacuum cannot reach.
- Clean The Wood Or Metal Areas: With a solution of dish wash soap and warm water clean the metal and wood areas of the sofa.
- Determine The Type Of Fabric: To know about the type of fabric the user can check the bottom side of the sofa. A label marked as WS, W, S, O, or X at the bottom will signify the type of fabric. WS means that fabric can be cleaned with a mild detergent, W means the fabric can be cleaned with water, S means clean the fabric with dry cleaner detergent, X means only the vacuum can be used, and O means wash the fabric with cold water.
- Remove Stains: There are different ways to remove the stain from the furniture upholstery. It depends on the type of fabric.
: Stain can be removed by making a solution from the one-fourth cup of vinegar, three-fourth of warm water, and one tablespoon of dish soap.
: A cleaning solution is prepared by mixing the one-half cup of olive oil with one-fourth cup of vinegar to remove the stain.
: For this type of upholstery one-half cup of vinegar, one cup of warm water, and half tablespoon of castile soap is mixed and the solution is prepared for cleaning the stain.
- Let It Dry: Use a towel to remove the extra water from the upholstery while cleaning surface and leave it to dry.
Steps To Clean Suede Upholstery Yourself
To clean the Suede Upholstery plastic spoon, suede cleaner, clean cloth, and a mild detergent are required. The steps are given below:
- Step 1: The first step is to remove the stain from the furniture by scraping it with a plastic spoon.
- Step 2: Next step is to make a solution by mixing the mild detergent and water.
- Step 3: Stir the water to produce lather.
- Step 4: Take a soft cloth and apply lather on the stained area.
- Step 5: Blot the stained area continuously.
- Step 6: Then use a clean cloth to again blot the left over stain.
- Step 7: When the stain completely removes, dry the upholstery with a dry cloth.