Three Easy Ways Of Cleaning Stainless Steel Grill Grates
Usually, in the hot season, the people love to barbecuing at their home and if they want their steaks, burgers or the chicken to taste very luscious then it is necessary that they keep their grill clean. If in case the users are having the stainless steel grill then it might get difficult to know exactly how to clean them as its surface can get damaged easily. The users need to follow the right technique and need to use the right products if they want to keep their grill to look and to perform well. The users can easily clean stainless steel grill grates at home by gathering the below-mentioned materials and then following the below -defined ways:
- Baking Soda, Water, Bowl & Spoon
- Cloth, Oven & Grill Cleaner, Garbage Bag
- Wire Grill Brush, Clean Towel, Small Wire Brush
- Warm Water, Liquid Dish Soap, Microfiber Cloth
- Sponge & Microfiber Towel
Way I: Scrubbing The Stainless Grates
- Make The Baking Soda Paste: Start by mixing up the water and soda. In order to make the strong cleaner so as to clean up the steel grates, the users need to mix the baking soda and the water in the small-sized bowl. They need to mix down both the ingredients together so as to form a fine paste.
- Apply The Paste: Then the users need to apply the baking soda paste to the entire surface of the steel grates and then let it sit over the grate surface for near about 20 minutes.
- Use The Oven Cleaner: If in case the users find out that their steel grates are extremely dirty then they need to let the paste sit over it for almost one night. If in case the users have not cleaned up their steel grates in a while then they need to use intense oven cleaner so as to clean it up. The users need to apply the cleaner layer to both the grate sides and then place the cleaner applied grill grates within the plastic bag and then allow the grate to sit inside the plastic bag for almost one night.
- Scrub Down The Grate Sides: Then scrub down the grate surface by using the grill brush. The users are advised to use the wire grill brush for scrubbing down the steel grill grates and they need to run down the brush to each grate sides so as to get rid of the food residue.
- Rinse The Grate: Then rinse down the grate surface by using the water and then make it dry by using the clean towel. If in case the users still find their steel grates dirty then they need to repeat the process so as to completely remove the food debris.
Way II: Maintaining The Interior Of The Grill
- Clean The Flame Tamers: Start by brushing down the tamers of the flame. The tamers usually sit over the burner top so as to work as the barrier in between the grates and the burners. At certain times the food debris gets build up over the tamer surface and that is why the users need to use the small-sized dry brush so as to get rid of the residue. Then they need to wipe the tamer surface by using the paper towel.
- Clean The Burner: The users need to detach the food debris within the burners. The moment the users detach the tamers, they will find the burners beneath it and if the food debris gets build up over the surface of the burner can result in the failure of the burner. The users need to clean up the burner by using the wire brush and if in case the users are having the ceramic burners then they are advised not to clean up the burner by using the dry brushes it can easily damage its surface.
- Clean The Venturi Tubes: The users then need to clean down the tubes by using the soap water. The venturi tubes usually are used for supplying the gas and they can get untidy so easily. They need to detach the burner and then rub-down the tubes by using the damp soapy cloth and then rub down the cloth to the entire surface of the tubes carefully without damaging it.
Way III: Getting Rid Of Dirt From The Exterior Of The Grill
- Make A Mixture: Start by mixing up the dish soap and the water. The users are advised not to use the polishes or the cleaners on the exterior side of the grill as they can somehow damage its finish. They need to fill up the bucket with the hot water and add a few drops of the dish soap so as to make the hot soap solution.
- Apply The Soap: Then wipe down the soap mixture to the exterior surface of the grill and to do so the users need to soak up the cloth in this solution and then run down the cloth all over the surface without scratching it. The users are advised to use microfiber cloth only as other fabric can cause the scratches on the finish.
- Scrub Down The Hard Spots: The users can scrub down the hard spots by using the sponge. The users need to soak up the sponge in the soap solution and then rub it over the hard stains. The users are advised not to use the wire brush or the scouring pad as both of them can easily damage the finish of the surface.
- Rinse The Surface: Then they need to rinse down the surface by using the water. Once the users have finished up the grill surface by using the garden surface. They need to be assured to use the hot water so as to get rid of the soap residue.
- Dry Off The Surface: Then dry off the grill by using the microfiber cloth. Once they rinsed the grill surface by using the dirt and the soap and then wipe down by using the towel so as to make it dry accordingly.