Easy Steps To Clean Smoke Damaged Wood Furniture
Wood furniture makes seating (chairs, stools), eating (dining table, coffee table) and sleeping (sofa's) easy. Sometimes the dust of cigarette and cigar can leave smoke damage on the wood furniture. Cleaning the smoke-damaged wood furniture is easy and to do so, the user can follow the below given easy and simple steps carefully.
- Clean: Before starting the process of cleaning, the user first needs to clean wood furniture. Cleaning the wood furniture will help the user to protect it from getting permanent damage.
- Vacuum And Sand: Use a bristle brush with vacuum cleaner. Rub the bristle brush on the surface, edges, and corners of wood furniture. Sand with small grit (60-80) sandpaper on the affected area for nearly 2-3 minutes. Clean the dust after finishing the sanding work.
- Wipe With Sponge: Dry chemical sponge is best to wipe the wood furniture in order to clean smoke damaged wood. Wipe in straight lines until the dry chemical sponge turns black.
- Wood Polish: Cream restoration polish will give best results for cleaning the smoke damaged wood. Rub the cream polish with a dry cloth in a circular motion but remember not to leave the cream on furniture for more than 15-20 minutes. Wipe the cream with a paper towel.
- Pledge Spray: Using the pledge spray is also the best way to give a finishing look to the smoke damaged furniture. Simply spray on the affected area of wood furniture.
- Dry: Let the wood furniture dry directly in sunlight for maximum up to 7-8 hours.