Two easy Ways Of Cleaning Slate Hearth
If in case the users are having the slate hearth all-around their fireplace and if they found it dirty then they mandatory need to clean the dirt. As per the experts it is required to regularly clean their slate hearth so as to prevent and detach the stains and the grime that gets builder over it. The users can easily clean off the slate hearth at home by following the below-defined ways:
Way I-: Performing The Routine Cleaning
- Gather The Materials: Start by gathering the materials that the users require while performing this procedure like water, dish soap, cloth or mop, bucket, spray bottle, towel, and teak oil.
- Sweep Or Vacuum: Then the users need to vacuum or sweep in order to detach the loose dirt. They need to detach the ash flakes, dirt, and the other debris particles within the entire surface of the slate before the users clean it by using the soap solution. The users can also use the dry mop if it is available to them.
- Make A Solution: Then the users need to make the mixture of the soap and the water in the bucket. Then use the wooden spoon to mix both of the ingredients.
- Apply The Solution: Then the users need to soak the cloth or the mop in the soap solution and then rub it over the entire surface of the slate hearth. The users need to rub the mop in the round directions and avoid applying the immense pressure while cleaning off the surface.
- Rinse Off The Solution: Then rinse off the surface of the slate hearth with the water. The users need to fill up the spray bottle with the clean water and apply the water over the entire soapy area of the slate so as to get rid of the soapy residue accordingly. Then let the slate hearth to get dried off completely for almost one night if the users are having the plan of polishing its surface.
- Apply The Teak Oil: Once the entire surface of the slate hearth is dried off completely then the users need to use the soft cloth so as to apply the teak oil to its surface. Then wipe down the unneeded oil within the surface by using the other clean cloth. The users can easily buy the teak oil at their nearby home stores or hardware stores.
Way II: Removing The Stains
- Gather The Materials: Start by gathering the materials that the users require while performing this procedure like water, hydrogen peroxide, spray bottle, soft scrub pad or brush, trisodium phosphate and sponge.
- Make A Solution: The users need to make a solution of the water and the hydrogen peroxide in the spray bottle. If the users are not having the spray bottle then they can use the bucket and can apply the solution by using the sponge.
- Apply The Mixture: Then apply the mixture to the entire surface of the stained area and then let the mixture sit over the stain for almost 10 minutes.
- Scrub It: Then scrub down the mixture by using the soft brush or scrub. The users are advised to scrub down the mixture in the ground motions and avoid applying the immense force while scrubbing as it can result in damaging it. The users are also advised not to use the steel wool as this can also damage the slate.
- Air Dry The Surface: After that, let the slate to get air-dried after the user scrub the stain and they can also let the slate to get air-dried for near about one complete night.
- Use The Trisodium Phosphate: If there are more tough stains then the users can make the paste of the trisodium phosphate and the water. Then dip the sponge in the paste and then apply it over the stained area and then use another soft sponge to clean off the paste residue within the surface of the slate.