Easiest Method Of Cleaning The Pleated Lamp Shades
The pleated lampshade can easily add a touch of beauty as well as elegance to even the most ordinary-looking lamp. A dusty as well as a dirty pleated lampshade, however, can detract attention from the most expensive lighting in the home. There are a number of methods used to keep the pleated lampshades sparkling clean. Here you will find the best and easy method to clean the pleated lampshades:
- Small Paintbrush: Purchase a small paintbrush from the local hardware store. Then lightly brush each of the ridges of the pleated shades in the downward strokes.
- Lint Brush: Take a lint brush and then roll it across the surface of the shade, or simply roll a loop of packing tape around the hand and then use the adhesive to pick up the lint off from fabric.
- Hairdryer: Keep the hairdryer at the coolest and the lowest setting and hold the hairdryer about 12 to 14 inches from the pleated shade's surface. Move the dryer in the back and forth direction using the air to blow out any stuck debris from the fabric. Another useful tool is air compressor to blow the dust off the shade's surface.
- Upholstery Brush: Secure the upholstery brush on the vacuum. Turn on the vacuum, and then lightly rub the brush in the back and forth direction all across the shade's surface.
- Examine: In this step the user needs to examine how the shade is made. If in case it's sewn and not glued to the surface, then it can be immersed in the water to clean. For that fill out a bathtub about a one-quarter of the one-half full of clean water. Place the pleated shade in the water. With the help of a mild detergent, gently try to wipe the surface area using a cloth. After that rinse all soap from the fabric. Keep the shade in a warm area, such as a sunny location in the house, so that it dries very quickly.
- Glued Shades: In case of the glued shades clean them by using a mild detergent and the water. In a bowl, take some detergent and a small amount of water and then whip with a hand mixer. Apply the mixture to glued shade and wipe clean with the help of a slightly dampened cloth, it is important to be careful not to overwet the surface of the shade. After rinsing is done place it in a warm area to dry.