Steps To Clean Outdoor Furniture
Cleaning outdoor furniture is a very important task. For the long lasting durability of the outdoor furniture, it is essential to take care of the outdoor furniture. Outdoor furniture products are made from different materials like wood, plastic, and metal. For cleaning outdoor furniture a Dishwashing liquid, a bucket, warm water, Microfiber cloth, soft-bristled brush, and a commercial cleaner is required. Follow the below-given steps to clean the outdoor furniture products:
- Water Spray: Firstly spray the water on the furniture using a hose in such a way that all the dirt removes from the furniture.
- Mixing: Take a bucket and mix one-fourth of dishwashing liquid with warm water.
- Cleaning: Then slightly wet the microfiber cloth in soapy water and clean the furniture.
- Dry: Now keep the furniture aside and let it dry.
- Using Cleaner: If some kind of dirt still exists on the furniture then commercial cleaner is used which is suitable for the furniture.
- Use Of Brush: If a layer of dirt appears on the furniture and does not remove from the water, then use bristled brush and remove the dirt.
- Clean & Dry: At last, clean the furniture with a water hose and let it air dry.
How To Clean Outdoor Furniture Cushion Covers
Outdoor furniture cushions are made from different materials. Some Outdoor cushions are waterproof but they need to be cleaned. As the cushions are kept in outdoor space, the cushions catch dust particles. For making the cushions look vibrant it is important to clean the cushions.Vinyl Cushions
For cleaning the vinyl cushions follow the below mentioned steps:
- Take a bucket of warm water and add one teaspoon of dishwashing liquid to it.
- Then dip the microfiber cloth in soapy water.
- Now clean the cushion covers with a wet cloth.
- Allow the furniture to dry.
For cleaning the machine washable cushions laundry detergent, washing machine, and a dryer are needed. Below are given the steps:
- Take the cushion and remove covers from them and place the cushion at clean and dry surface in the open air.
- Now use a laundry detergent or specified detergent.
- Clean the cushion covers in warm water.
- Then use a dryer for drying the cushion covers.
How To Clean Outdoor Teak Furniture
The steps for cleaning the outdoor teak furniture are given as under:
- Gather Equipments: First assemble all the equipments that are needed for cleaning the furniture which includes rubber gloves, hose pipe with spray nozzle, teak cleaner and brightener, spray bottles, scrub brush, and Squeegee.
- Soak The Furniture With Water: Next step is to place the furniture in a ventilated shady area. Use a hose pipe and spray water on the furniture.
- Apply Cleaner: Then apply cleaner by using a spray bottle and leave it for few minutes.
- Scrub The Wood With Cleaner: Rub the surface of the wood on which the user has applied cleaner with a brush.
- Rinse Thoroughly: Using the hose pipe remove the cleaner from the wood surface.
- Apply Brightener: Next step is to apply the brightener on the surface of wood.
- Scrub The Wood With The Brightener: Now again scrub the surface of wood on which the user has applied the brightener.
- Rinse Thoroughly: At last, remove the brightener from the wood surface using excess water. Allow the furniture to dry for 24 hours.
How To Clean Outdoor Wood Furniture
For long-lasting durability of the outdoor wood furniture, the user needs to take good care of the wood furniture. Below are given steps for cleaning the outdoor wood furniture:
- Prepare: First step is to take a brush and remove all the loose waste from the furniture.
- Clean The Wood Furniture: Next step is to mix the specified cleaner in water. Then apply cleaner on the furniture to make it slightly wet. Now remove the cleaner with a brush.
- Dry The Furniture: Make sure that all the cleaner is removed from the furniture. Use clean rags for cleaning the furniture and place it under the sun.
- Apply Oil: When the furniture completely dries apply oil on the wood surface for its protection. Let the oil soak into the furniture for some period of time.
- Inspect The Wood: It is important to inspect the wood furniture. User can check whether the screws and brackets are properly attached with the furniture or need to be repaired.
- Cover And Protect: It is necessary to cover and protect the furniture from weather conditions and molds.