What Are The General Home Ways To Clean The Microfiber Couches?
Microfiber couches are designed with high stain resistance and are highly recommended for homes with kids and pets. The couches offer great durability and strength with attractive color vibration. The couches will really last long if properly taken care of. The Microfiber couches are easy to clean using general home Way methods. Few best home ways to clean the microfiber furniture pieces are mentioned below:
- Vacuum: Ensure to clean the microfiber sofa/couches regularly by doing the regular cleaning process. This will keep the couches safe from the grim and dirt getting attached to the sofa.
- Treat Stains: The stains must be treated on the immediate basis by a slightly damp microfiber cloth. Wipe the stain away with it.
- Baby Wipes: Wiping microfiber couches using baby wipes is an ultimate way to keep them clean as well as protected from harmful cleaning agents.
- Fabric Protector: After proper cleaning is done apply the Fabric protector over the couch to protect it from the spots for longer.
- For Tangled Fiber: In case of tangled fibers if noticed after cleaning use comb to arrange them. Alternatively, a dry sponge will also get the job done.
Cleaning microfiber sofa using natural home methods and cleaning solutions is the best way to keep them neat and unharmed from the contact of the chemical cleaners. Steps to clean the microfiber couches using natural methods like vinegar and baking soda are mentioned below:
- Warm Water: The warm water needs to be filled in the spray bottle.
- Mild Liquid Detergent: Add mild liquid detergent in the warm water and mix it well. Using powdered detergent must be avoided.
- White Vinegar: Add white vinegar (Capful) into the soapy water solution along with the 1 or 2 inches of the baking soda and shake it well.
- Apply: Spray the solution over couches it will clean the stains and make them odor free as well.
Cleaning microfiber couches with baking soda involves certain steps to follow that are mentioned below:
- Dust Free The Couch: Use a clean cloth to dust free the couch by wiping it and follow up by cleaning it using a soft brush.
- Baking Soda: Sprinkle baking soda over the couch and allow it to stay there for approximately twenty minutes.
- Vacuum: After the 20 minutes use a vacuum to remove the baking soda.Tough Stains: Rub the hard stains using a clean cloth and with any good cleaning solution that perfectly suits the couch type.
The basic steps to clean microfiber couch using carpet shampooer or cleaner are mentioned below:
- Vacuum Up: Deeply vacuum the couches from all sides and edges to make it dust and dirt free. Couch cushions need to be removed as well.
- Remove Pet Hair: If the couches have the pet hairs just clean them using a lint roller. Make sure, to clean the pet hair when the couches are dry.
- Steam Cleaner: Add water to the steam cleaner along with the recommended cleaner as per the manufacturers instructions.
- Testing: Before cleaning the couch it is important to test the small hidden part of it for chemical reaction and colorfastness.
- Apply: If testing goes well apply the cleaner thoroughly on the entire couch.
- Over Saturation: Avoid Over Saturation as it may lead to the watermarks.
- Smooth: For microfiber smoothening make sure to use lint-free towels. Clean up the cushion using this towel as well.
Windex is the ever best solution to clean microfiber couches/furniture pieces deeply. Some steps to clean the microfiber using Windex are as follows:
: Spray the proper amount of the Windex over the couch and use a soft scrub brush for smooth rubbing on the stains.
: After spot rubbing let the couch dry completely and use it back it's done.