Easy Ways Of Cleaning A Marine Carpet
Marine carpet is regarded as one of the best inherently stain resistant carpets, due to the reason that it is fabricated from solution-dyed Polypropylene fibers. This is the best thing about marine carpet because any carpet in a boat comes up with a lot of abuse in a very intensive area. In order to avoid such abuses & keep the boat clean as long as possible, you need to clean the marine carpet at regular interval. Vacuuming & spot-cleaning process are the two important ways of cleaning your marine carpet. The easy steps for both the ways are mentioned below, which you need to go through carefully and achieve the desired result of your work:
Way 1: Vacuuming
- First of all, you need to vacuum the marine carpet frequently in order to get rid of the dirt from the surface. Carpet is vulnerable to staining as soon as the particles become embedded with the passage of time.
- Before commencing the cleaning process of your marine carpet, it is extremely important to vacuum it to get rid of any loose dirt or particles from the surface of the carpet.
- After that, clean your marine carpet with the help of a standard carpet cleaner & you need to make sure to go through their instructions for spot testing first.
Way 2: Spot-cleaning
- As soon as you find out any spill or a stain in a marine carpet, then it is important to get rid of these stains as quickly as possible, otherwise they will stick to the carpet & will be difficult to remove.
- In case of wet spills, blot the area in order to eliminate the excess liquid. Deal with them as soon as possible with the help of a standard carpet cleaner solution & you need to go through their directions for spot testing first.
- If you are dealing with a dry stain, vacuum it first. After you have finished to rinse the residue off, blot dry.
Important Points To Remember
- The important factor in order to effectively clean your marine carpet and in getting rid of a stain is to make sure that all the soap residue is cleansed off. If in case you leave any residue, it will attract more particles that will get fixed to the carpet fibers which in turn will cause the stain to reappear.
- As soon as you find out that the carpet in your boat is wet after cleaning, then it is time to allow it to dry rigorously before covering or storing it in an encompassed area. Keep in mind that basic cleaning care of your marine carpet is the simplest way in order to make it look good. Residue of any type will draw more soiling and the more time it has to set, the harder it will be to clean.