Step By Step Process Of Cleaning Leather Inlay Table
It is highly possible that the majority of the furniture products including tables with a leather inlay can get affected or damaged by beverages, the oils from your hands, as well as the heels of your shoes. The leather will get scratched as well as damaged and shabby as a result of much use and with the passage of time, it will also begin to fade in color. You can repair, clean as well as restore your leather inlay table with the help of a leather repair kit, which is mostly available online and in the majority of home improvement stores. Select a stain color that is, to a small degree, lighter in comparison to the color you are trying to achieve. Adding layers of stain will help you to deepen the color. If you are looking to clean, restore & repair your leather inlay table, then go through the below-mentioned steps carefully & achieve the desired result of your work:
- Mix Dishwashing Soap With Water: First of all, take a small bucket & mix one tablespoon of dishwashing soap with water. Soak & rinse a sponge into the solution, before cleaning the leather in a thorough manner. Wash the sponge, and eradicate or eliminate the soap residue. Wipe up standing water with the help of towels, and keep the leather overnight in order to dry completely.
- Wipe Leather Prep Onto The Leather Inlay: Now, don rubber gloves before you start to clean or dry leather prep onto the leather inlay with the help of a soft rag. Leather prep is regarded as one of the best chemical strippers that will help get rid of some of the colors. Allow the chemicals to sit on the surface in accordance with the package directions. Eradicate or eliminate it with the help of a clean cloth.
- Sand The Leather Inlay: Next, it is time to start sanding the leather inlay with the help of fine-grit sandpaper. Move the sandpaper in a very smooth, circular motion on every side of the top of the table in order to add a small amount of texture to the leather.
- Tape Wooden Part Of The Table: Tape the wooden part of the table with the help of a low-tack painter's tape. Cut the tape using a hobby knife in order to create a sharp line betwixt the tape and the wood.
- Wipe The Stain Onto The Leather: Soak & rinse a sponge into the leather stain before wiping the stain onto the leather and make sure to wipe away the excess with the help of a clean cloth. Let the first coat soak into the leather before applying more coats as long as you have a color that you like.
- Allow 48 Hours For The Stain To Absorb: Finally, give the stain at least 48 hours in order to absorb completely into the leather. During these 48 hours, it is important not to use the table.