The worst thing about the kitchen cabinets is that they get dirty at a very rapid speed. You sprinkle grease on them at the time of cooking or, for that matter, you run over everything from cake batter to olive oil on kitchen cabinets. The kitchen is an area where you cook & make different types of varieties including orange & banana juice which can sometimes get smashed across the kitchen, making the cabinets look dirty. You can deal with the grime, grease, as well as any mess and make your cabinets appear exceptional by going through this simple guide on how to clean wood cabinets. There are a huge number of commercial cleaners that you can use in the kitchen cabinets, including Murphy’s Oil Soap, in order to clean cabinets. It is also possible to make your own cleaners from different components in your kitchen that are eco-friendly, effective, as well as affordable.
Step By Step Process Of Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets Using Vinegar
Vinegar is regarded as one of the best natural cleaners when it comes to cleaning greasy cabinets. You simply need to combine & make a mixture of an equal amount of vinegar and warm water and then put it into a spray bottle. After that, spray this mixture on cabinets, allowing it to be there for a couple of minutes, and then start cleaning it with the help of a soft cloth. Put on a few drops of liquid dishwashing detergent to the above-created mixture in order to clean exceedingly dirty cabinets. Irrespective of the type of cleaner you select, the basic steps for cleaning wood kitchen cabinets are similar, which are mentioned below:
- First of all, with the help of a soft cloth or sponge rub the cleaner on the outer parts of the cabinet doors as well as drawers. It is also highly possible that a little amount of elbow grease is required in order to get rid of heavy grease as well as grime buildup.
- The next step is to rub the cleaner on the drawer pulls as well as door handles.
- Now, with the help of a toothbrush soaked in the cleaner, start scrubbing the hardware, the wood on every side of the hardware, as well as the cracks of ornate trim.
- Next, rub the cleaner on the inner areas of the doors as well as drawers. With the help of a second cloth or sponge having soaked in clean water, make sure to eliminate the cleaner from all the surfaces.
- Finally, make all the surfaces dry entirely with the help of a clean towel.
If in case you want to clean the wooden kitchen cabinets having dirty stains, including syrup or chocolate, then you need to create a paste of the mixture of the vinegar and salt. Soak a toothbrush into this paste and smoothly wipe the stained area. Make sure not to wipe too hard or use steel wool, due to the reason that it will scratch the wood. Wash out the paste using clean water and dry with the help of a clean towel. You can also put baking soda on a wet cloth and then wipe the stain with the help of a soft toothbrush or nylon-bristle scrub brush, in order to make sure, not to scratch the cabinet surface. After cleaning the wood kitchen cabinets, safeguard them from upcoming discoloration. Make a mixture of vegetable oil and vinegar in equal amount and then apply it smoothly on the cabinet surfaces.