Steps And Items Needed To Clean Fly Poop-Off The Lamp Shade
Dust, dirt, fly poop, and stains will easily turn the lovely lampshades into an eyesore but you can keep them clean again by performing regular dusting on the lampshade to remove any type of household debris or you can easily wipe your lampshade with your soapy cloth if your lampshade is stained or slightly dirty. If you see that your lampshade is very dirty then you need to wash it completely. If you are also facing the same issue with your lampshade then you just need to collect the given items and follow all the given steps to clean your lampshade from fly poop or any other type stains and dirt. Here is the list of required items and steps for this process:
List Of The Required Items
- Bowl Or Sink
- Microfiber Cloth
- Laundry Or Dish Soap
- Vinegar (Optional)
Steps For This Process
- Firstly you need to unplug your lamp from the wall & remove the shade by unscrewing it, or lifting it off as this will depend on the style of the lamp.
- Next you need to fill your sink or a bowl with water(warm) and then add 1 tbsp (4.9ml) of laundry soap in the warm water. Use your hand to mix this soap solution into the water.
- You may need to use vinegar(white) to the warm water for removing the grease stains because vinegar will easily remove grease from your lampshade. Measure out 120 mL of vinegar(white) and add it to your water. Now you need to stir it with your hand to mix the water & vinegar.
- After following all the previous steps, now you need to dip your microfiber cloth into your soapy water cleaning solution and then wring it out. Put your cloth into the water cleaning solution to saturate it wholly and then wring it out to remove any extra water from it. The cloth will feel damp, not soaking wet.
- Next you need to wipe your lampshade from top to bottom. Simply hold your lampshade over a towel or the tub to avert a mess. Now you need to use your cloth to mildly wipe your lampshade from top to bottom. Continue wiping the lampshade as you work the way close to the shade.
- Once you've finished wiping your lampshade, now you need to rinse your lampshade with some water. Open a stream of warm water and then place your lampshade under it. Rotate your lampshade under the stream of water until all the soapy solution residue is gone from the surface of your lampshade. If the lampshade is made up of silk then do not rinse it with warm water, simply rinse it under cold water. The rinsing procedure unremarkably takes about 1 minute.
- Finally leave your lampshade to air dry, place it on a towel for near about 24 hours. Always remember to place your lampshade on a clean surface and a towel is best for this. If you see that the outside weather is clear then simply place your shade outside to speed up the drying procedure.
- Make sure that your shade is entirely dry before putting it back on your lamp. If you want to dry your lampshade more speedily then you can also try softly drying it with your hairdryer by setting it on a low heat mode.