Step By Step Process Of Cleaning Faux Leather Couch
Faux leather is regarded as one of the best, less expensive as well as more durable synthetic alternative to real leather. This type of leather is mostly used in the manufacturing of furniture, clothing, car upholstery, handbags, belts and much more. Faux leather can be found in several forms, including polyurethane, vinyl or micro suede leather. When you have have a couch that is composed of a faux leather, then it is important to maintain & clean your couch from time to time, otherwise, the faux leather couch will look dull with its usage without taking good care of it. In order to clean & maintain a faux leather couch, go through the below-mentioned steps carefully:
- Clean The Leather Sofa: First of all, you need to clean the leather couch by getting rid of all the dust, grime as well as the debris particles from the surface of the faux leather couch. In order to clean your leather couch, you can use the vacuum or a soft brush.
- Make A Soap Mixture: After getting rid of all the dust, grime & debris particles, now, take a large bucket and make a mixture of the liquid dish wash and the hot water. After that, you need to stir the mixture continuously as long as the soap is completely dissolved in the water. You need to use a soft rag and soak it in the mixture. Finally, it is important to rub the soaked soft rag all over the entire surface of the leather sofa.
- Use A Soft Rag: After that, you need to use another soft rag and soak it in the clean water. Now, you have to draw out all the excess water from the rag before getting rid of the soap residue from the leather couch by using the damp rag.
- Remove The Stains With The Help Of Rubbing Alcohol: You need to use the cotton ball and soak it into the rubbing alcohol in order to get rid of all the stains from the leather couch. Next, you need to dab the soaked cotton ball over the stained area and keep repeating the same procedure as long as the stain is removed completely. Once the stain is removed completely, you need to clean the stained area with the clean water.
How To Wash Faux Leather: General Tips
If you are looking to know how to clean fake leather, first, you need to go through some of the important & useful tips mentioned-below:
- Check The Care Label: This is particularly important with faux leather clothing & furniture items to find out how to safely wash the item.
- Do A Patch Test: It is a good idea to first test any new cleaning method on a small, unnoticeable area in order to check for any adverse reaction or damage to the material.
- Attend To Spills Quickly: You need to look for the spills quickly as there are high chances of a stain damaging the material the longer you leave it on the leather couch.
Dirt, dust, as well as other types of debris can scratch the finish on your fake or faux leather furniture including couch. Therefore, you need to clean your faux leather couch once a week from top to bottom, using the soft brush attachment on your vacuum cleaner. Be sure to take out cushions and clean underneath them, too. Switch to the crevice attachment and clean any seams or tufted areas. If you are looking to deodorize your faux leather, sprinkle it all over using a layer of baking soda first and wait for a half-hour before vacuuming.