Three Easy Methods And Items Needed To Clean Blinds In Bathtub Bleach
If you want to clean your blinds in bathtub bleach then you need to collect all the given items and follow all the given steps. Here are the item list and steps for this process:
List Of Required Item
- Rubber Gloves
- Soft Rags Or Sponge
- Liquid Bleach
- Wood Cleaner/Polish
- Old Towel
Method 1: Plastic Or Aluminum Blinds
- Firstly, you need to dust all sides of all the slats of the blinds exhaustively by using a dry rag. Do this step for once with your blinds closed and again open them be sure you remove all dirt from the surface.
- Next you need to remove all idiosyncratic slats of your blind carefully from the blind clips. If it is not possible or difficult to detach your slats, remove your entire blind from the window by using your screwdriver. Keep all the screws in a plastic bag or in a safe place until you are ready to reinstall your blind.
- Now transfer your slats or your entire blind to the bathtub. Plug drain & fill your tub with cold water until the water covers the slats or blinds. Add 2 or 3 cups of liquid bleach to the cold water as you fill your tub. Let your slats or your blind soak in this bleach solution for at least 10 minutes.
- Next you need to wear rubber gloves and then you need to use a rag or sponge to wipe the back & front surface of each slat with the water & bleach solution. Do this step very carefully without bending your slats or tangling any strings of your blinds.
- Now you need to drain the used water from your tub. Remove your slats and then dry them by using an old towel, one at a time. If you removed your whole blind then you need to take the help of someone to hold your blind above your tub while you dry it by using a towel. Alternatively, sit your wet blind on top of your towel and leave them to air dry wholly.
- Finally you need to replace your slats or to reinstall your whole blind by using a screwdriver, replacing all the screws in their original positions.
Method 2: Fabric Blinds
- If you have fabric blinds then remove your entire blind from your window by using your screwdriver.
- Next, you need to wear rubber gloves. Fill the bathtub with 1 foot of cold water and then you need to add 2 or 3 cups of liquid bleach.
- Next, lower your entire blind slowly into the water until the blinds are fully wet. Allow your blind to soak for at least 10 minutes, and then drain the water & bleach solution from your tub.
- Now you need to replace the plug and then fill your bathtub with enough amount of cold water to cover your blind. Lightly lift your blind from the cold water and then lower it down again several times. This will help you to rinse any leftover bleach from your fabric blind.
- Drain water from your bathtub, replace the plug, add more water and then rinse again because the second rinse is important as any remaining traces of bleach will damage your fabric blind.
- Remove your fabric blind from your tub and reattach it to the window. Open your window and then lower your blind fully and place an old towel subordinate it to catch any water drips. Let your fabric blind air dry naturally.
Method 3: Wooden Blinds
- Dust your wood blinds thoroughly by using a soft rag, once with the blinds open & again after closing them.
- Now you need to apply a generous amount of wood polish/cleaner to your rag & wipe every surface of your wooden blinds slat, one at a time. Next, you need to use elbow grease to remove tough stains. Add more of your cleaning solution to your rag if necessary.
- You can make your stained blinds look like new by removing your blind from the windows and apply a coat of paint(white) to all slats.