Three Easy ways And The Items Required To Clean An Awning
The awning is ideal for loving the dazzling days in the summer season without exposing themselves to the rough sun rays. If in case the users did not clean the awning properly, it might result in broken awnings and for the ideal cleaning process, the users also require the ideal cleaning solution, soft brushes, and the string stairs as well. If in case The awnings are made up of the vinyl, aluminum, and canvas the users need to clean them accordingly by using the proper cleaning solution so as to keep them in their ideal working condition. The users can easily clean the awnings at home by gathering the below-mentioned material and then following the below-given ways:
Materials and Tools Required
- Commercial Cleaner
- Bucket, Hose And Detergent
- Brush, Sponge And Ladder
Way I- Cleaning the Canvas Awning
- Make The soapy Mixture: The users need to start by making a mixture of the warm water and the mild soap and to make this solution they need to fill up the bucket with the warm water and then add few drops of the liquid soap to the water in the bucket and then keep on continuously stirring the solution till the foam is created. The users are advised to use the soap that is mainly suitable for cleaning up the clothes of baby and they are advised not to use any type of harsh cleaners as it can eventually result in the damage of the canvas of awning.
- Using The Ladder: Then the users need to arrange up the ladder in those cases where the users are not able to reach the awning and the ladder that they are using requires to be of the correct size so that the users can easily clean up the hard reached areas of the canvas awning.
- Removing The Dust: Before applying the soapy solution the users require to clean up all the dust and the debris particles from the entire surface of the canvas awning by using the broom.
- Applying The soapy Solution: Before directly applying the soapy solution the users are advised to dampen the surface of the canvas awning by using the spray bottle or by directly using the garden hose. Once they successfully dampened the awning then the users need to soak the soft-bristled brush directly in the bucket containing the soapy mixture and then rub the wet brush over the awning surface and they need to up the brush in the semi-circular motions.
- Rinsing the awning: Then the users need to rinse off the soapy mixture from the entire surface of the canvas awning by using the garden hose and then allow the canvas awning to get dried off completely in the open air.
Way II- Cleaning the Vinyl Awning
- Using The Commercial Cleaner: The users are mainly advised to use the commercial cleaners while cleaning up the awnings made up of the vinyl materials. Apart from the commercial cleaners, the users can also use the fabric cleaner and they are advised to pour up the cleaner in the spray bottle and then spray it over the entire surface of the awning. The ideal way of applying the cleaner is by spraying down the base first and then awning top accordingly. They may also need to use the ladder if there are some hard reached awning areas where they need to apply the cleaner.
- Scrub with Sponge: Then they need to scrub the surface of the awning by using the soft sponge or by using the soft brush. The users need to scrub off each awning part till the solution is wet.
- Wiping Down The Awning: Then the users need to rinse off the soapy mixture from the entire surface of the vinyl awning by using the garden hose and then allow the vinyl awning to get dried off completely in the open air. If the users fail to clean the soap residue from the awning surface then a white chalk layer will be formed over it. The users need to refrain from applying the immense pressure to the awning while rinsing off as too much force can easily damage the awning.
Way III- Cleaning The Aluminum Awning
- Hose down Awning: The users need to Start by using the hose to moist the entire awning surface before the users start the cleaning process. If in case the users are not having the hose then they can also use the bucket filled with the water or the spray bottle filled with water. The users need to make sure that the awning is wet when they will apply the soapy solution.
- Making The Soap Mixture: Then they need to fill up the bucket with the water and then add the solvent to it. The users are advised to use the solvent that is particularly created for the aluminum awning as the general cleaners can act very harshly on the aluminum awnings.
- Scrub with sponge: Then they need to soak up the sponge or the soft brush in this mixture and then scrub it over the entire surface of the aluminum awning.
- Wiping down the Awning: Then the users need to rinse off the soapy mixture from the entire surface of the aluminum awning by using the garden hose and then allow the aluminum awning to get dried off completely in the open air. If the users fail to clean the soap residue from the awning surface then a white chalk layer will be formed over it.