Step By Step Process & Items Needed To Change Older Sliding Door Rollers
A sliding door is a type of door that move smoothly along the tracks, not jump, jolt and get stuck when you try to open or close it. This type of door is commonly installed on the exterior of your home, revealing it to the outer elements. Additionally, the rollers can deteriorate due to the reason that the amount of dirt and debris is mostly found in the tracks, and also by regularly opening and closing the door. Change the old sliding door rollers in order to make your door slide along the tracks smoothly. Gather the required items first before going through the step by step process carefully:
- Phillips Screwdriver
- Wooden Block
- Rubber Mallet
- Flat-head screwdriver
- Paraffin Wax Block
Step By Step Process
- First of all, find out the two screws at the base ends of the sliding door. Both the screws are placed one above the other. The lower screw is the reconciliation screw. Turn the reconciliation screw anticlockwise on each end of the sliding glass door in order to elevate the rollers and lower the door.
- Now, take hold of both sides of the sliding door and raise the door up into the top track. Angle the base of the door towards yourself. Gradually drag the door away from the track. Sliding glass doors are very much heavyweight, so assistance is needed from your friend in order to get rid of the door from the track.
- Next, position the door on a firm work surface or the floor. Detach the screws above the reconciliation screws on each end of the sliding door. These screws will take hold of the rollers as well as the door frame to the base of the door.
- Then, put a wooden block in opposition to the base frame on the sliding door. Open up the block with the help of a rubber mallet in order to release the frame.
- Scrutinize the original door rollers from the base of the door with the help of a flat-head screwdriver. For replacement, you can take your door roller to a hardware store, due to the reason that the door rollers are not universal products.
- Next, put in the replacement sliding door rollers into the space along the base of the door before replacing the base frame. With the help of the wooden block and rubber mallet, smoothly tap the frame back onto the door.
- Fix the rollers as well as the frame with the screws that you have removed earlier. Turn the reconciliation screws anticlockwise in order to elevate the rollers before installing the door again.
- Now, vacuum the sliding door track in order to get rid of any dirt and debris. Clean the base tracks with the help of a block of paraffin wax in order to moisturize them.
- Finally, take hold of the sliding door at an angle and put the top of the door into the track. Gradually, lower the base of the door and put it in the base track. Turn the reconciliation screws clockwise in order to lower the rollers and elevate the door. Keep adjusting the rollers unless & until you are satisfied with the door placement and mobility.