Step By Step Process Of Building Wall Oven Support
Building support for the wall oven will vary because of the dimensions of the oven, besides that, there are some basics that are the same for every wall oven cabinet. They all have storage space above as well as below the oven that can be customized to user specifications. In the step by step process mentioned below, the wall-oven support is 30-inches wide which the user can modify according to need.
- Start the process by positioning the two 84-inch end panels on the worktable. Start measuring from one end and also make a mark at about four inches. Repeat this for the perpendicular edge. Place the framing square on the marks and draw lines that will intersect. This in turn will result in a 4 inch square at one of the corners of the plywood. Repeat the same process on the other piece, and after that cut out the squares with the help of skill saw.
- Apply the glue on to the area that is behind the cutouts and then secure the 4 by 19-inch pieces using the box nails. Clean up all the excess glue using a damp cloth.
- Now make the measure from the top edge of the plywood and then make marks at the 28 and 73 inches. Position the framing square on the marks as well as draw a line all across the width of the end panel. The user can mark an X on the right of the lines, this will help to indicate where the shelves will be installed.
- Apply the glue on one of the long edges of the shelf supports as well as secure them with two of the shelves 23-by-28 with the help of drywall screws. These 2 shelves are actually the center shelves. After that, apply the glue on to the 23-inch edges of the shelves, position them on the lines as well as secure to the end panels with the help of finish nails.
- Now flip the wall-oven cabinet over in a way so that the toe-kick cutout is facing in the down direction. Apply the glue on to the edges, as well as place the 30 by 80-inch plywood on to the cabinet as well as fix it with the help of box nails.
- Position the 2 end face frame pieces on the flat table and keep the long edges adjacent with each other. Measure from one end, and then make the marks at 28 and 73 inches. Now position the framing square right on the marks, as well as draw a line all across the width of the 2 pieces. Now apply glue on to the end edges of the bottom rail as well as on one of the top rails. Position the 1-by-2 exactly at the bottom of the cabinet which is the toe-kick end as well as also at the other opposite end. Secure the pieces using the corrugated fasteners. Clean up any of the excess glue quickly with a damp cloth.
- On the end edges of the remaining rails apply the glue as well as place them on the lines that were drawn in Step 1. Fix them with the help of corrugated fasteners.
- Now turn the wall oven-cabinet over, so that the toe kick is facing in the up direction. Apply the glue on to the face of the toe-kick cutout, position the 4-by-by 30 inch plywood over it, and then fix it using the finish nails. Position the 4-by-4-by inch block right behind the toe kick as well as secure it with the bottom of the bottom shelf using the best quality drywall screws. It is advisable not to puncture into the top of the bottom shelf. Drive 2 finish nails into the toe kick in the block.
- Finally, apply the glue onto the front edges of the wall oven cabinet, as well as place the face frame on it. Secure the frame with the cabinet using the finish nails. Place all the nail heads as well as fill the holes with wood putty.