Trundles are one of the exceptional & easily stored beds that get adjusted in the space underneath a traditional bed or sofa. One of the best things about trundle beds is that it needs less space unlike air mattresses, stowaway beds, or cots, and as a result of it occupying less space, it allows the use of a standard mattress. Some of the trundle beds have fixed frames that are placed at a very low height. Pop-up, also known as the lift-up trundle beds presents a mechanism that allows the user to lift the trundle bed to the height of a normal bed. This characteristic makes it possible to deal with the trundle as a normal bed or push it against the main bed in order to enlarge the sleeping surface.
5 Easy Steps Of Assembling A Pop Up Trundle Bed
A trundle is a frame that is frequently used as a bed and is incomparably stored below a day bed or bunk bed. In a situation where your place is mostly visited by guests & you don't have space to set up an extra bed to accommodate them for a night, then a trundle plays a huge role as a space saver. Sometimes you will not need a trundle to be used as a bed, at that time you can easily remove the mattress from the trundle, and other items including clothing can be stored there.
Now, if you have a pop-up trundle bed & you want to assemble it but you don't know how to do it, then there is no need to worry as you are at the right place. Simply go through the below-mentioned easy steps carefully & achieve the desired result of your work:
- First of all, you need to recognize the parts of the trundle. There are usually 2 side rails, 2 end rails, as well as around 10 slats present in the trundle.
- The next step is to put the two side rails on the left and right in order to make sure that the screw slots in each rail are facing inward. After that, place the end rails at the top and bottom in betwixt the set of side rails.
- Now, attach the end rails to the side rails with the help of either a dowel or screw. Then, secure the screws with the help of an Allen key.
- Next, set out the slats in a line, aligned by width, in betwixt the side rails. With the help of an Allen key, fasten the slats into the side rails.
- Finally, position the mattress over the trundle after all pieces are fastened in. Revolve the trundle in order to make sure that the tallest side rail is facing away from the bed. Then, push the trundle below the bed frame.