Easy Steps And Items Needed To Adjust The Sliding Glass Shower Doors
Glass shower doors are commonly considered a more elegant substitute for a regular shower curtain and when installed accurately, they are much more compelling at keeping water off your floor. Nonetheless, unlike a shower curtain, they may need some maintenance to keep them hanging & sliding accurately. Adjustments are do-able but you will need some do-it-by yourself experience & an extra pair of hands to get your job done right. If you want to adjust the sliding glass shower door then you just need to gather all the required items and follow the easy steps. Here is the list of required items and steps for this process:
Things Needed For This Process
- Spray Lubricant
- New Guide Wheels
- Damp Rag
Steps For This Process
- First of all, you need to determine the need for your adjustment. Many times, your door rollers will come off your upper track. So you need to look at your rollers from inside of your shower. If your rollers are off track, lift the ends of your shower door & reseat your rollers. When they are back on the track, spray your rollers with the help of a lubricant for easier traverse when sliding your door back & forth.
- Now you need to slide your door back & forth. If your door moves deliberately or grinds on your lower rail as it is being opened or closed, yet your rollers are now clearly on your upper track, your rollers need adjusting. Now you need to remove your lower guide rail with the help of a screwdriver. This will enable you to remove your door from your track by lifting it out. After that, you need to place it on your floor.
- Next start inspecting your rollers. If they are broken, flat-spotted, or warped then they need to be replaced. Rollers come in two types, the flat edges or round edges. If they are going to replace then the same type must be used. They are easily available at your nearby hardware stores.
- Then you need to replace or adjust your rollers in the same way. The rollers are attached to your upper shower door with the help of a screw. Then ride along with slanted adjustment slots that will raise and/or lower your wheel. Now you need to remove your screw and then attach another wheel, or loosen the screw and slide the wheel. In order to raise your door, slide the loosened wheel down into your slot. To lower your door you need to slide your loosened wheel up into your slot. When in place, now you need to tighten the screw.
- Now you need to replace your door into the upper track and then see that it slides smoothly. If it doesn't then you need to repeat the adjustment procedure. This is a trial & error task that may take several adjustments before your door slides smoothly and cleanly along your track.
- Finally you need to complete your adjustment and wipe down your track with the help of a damp rag. Now you need to spray your roller wheels with a spray lubricant and reattach your lower rail.
Hanging glass shower doors are very heavy. If you have any difficulty lifting them off your track by yourself, either call in a helper or get a professional to do this task for you.