5 Eay Steps To Adjust Garage Door Cable Tension
Your automatic garage door openers make getting in and out of your garage easy, although the machinery does require periodic preservation to ensure proper operation. A loose garage door cable is not questionable to deal with but you will need a few key tools to tighten it properly. If you need assistance with your cable tension garage door repairs then you have to contact a professional repairman or garage door specialist. You can also adjust your garage door cable tension by following the given steps. Here are the steps for this process:
- Step 1: Your garage door opener will have a rope attached to your garage door structure. Pull this rope to release your door opener from its drive chain.
- Step 2: When the door is lowered and the springs that raise your door are under tension, raise the door to release it's tension.
- Step 3: Next you need to attach the two c-clamps against your door's track just below your roller closest to the bottom of your door to be sure that your door doesn't move while you are working on your door.
- Step 4: Now you need to disconnect the cable. The door cable should be connected to your garage door frame above your doorway. One end wraps around your rollers & around and will be connected with a hook or clip to the frame near your doorway. There should also be a frame with individual holes in it. Disengage the end of your wire & then move it further down your frame, reconnecting it in a hole so your door wire is no longer loose.
- Step 5: Finally you need to adjust your cable bracket. If there is still too much slack on the cable, you can use the pliers to adjust your bracket holding the wire to its hook that is attached to your frame. Now you need to use the pliers to loosen the bracket, pull the extra cable through with the bracket, and then re-tighten it. Reattach the wire to your frame with the help of a hook.