Steps & Items Needed To Attach Angled Legs To Furniture
In order to Attach Angled Legs To Furniture, the user first needs certain items which are listed below:
- Electric Screw Driver
- Power Drill
- Drill Bit
- Surface Plates
- Hanger Bolts
After collecting the above given items perform the below given steps one by one in order to achieve better results:
- Set: This is your first step, Set the surface plates on the corners of your selected furniture. You can also move the surface plates to adjust your leg placing area.
- Screw: After selecting the area where you want to add angled legs, simply screw the surface plates with screws to the selected furniture with the help of an electric screwdriver. Tight the screws carefully if it remains loose then the angled legs won't stay in the same place.
- Drill: After placing the surface plates drill a pilot hole on each angled legs and turn the angled legs to the top portion, now use a power drill machine to make a pilot hole down through the center of the legs. These pilot holes will help the wood from cracking later. Use the same size drill bit as the hanger bolts you will use.
- Install: After the drilling process now it's time to install hanger bolts through the center of each angled leg. Set hanger bolt in each of the pilot holes. Rotate the hanger bolts clockwise by hand until they stay inside the angled legs and keep turning the hanger bolts until they are locked tightly in the hole.
- Connect: This is your last step, connect the hanger bolts to the surface plates. Twist the angled legs clockwise to secure them in the hole of the selected furniture. After doing this flip the furniture and your furniture is ready with attached angled legs.