Steps To Prepare & Use Homemade Hardwood Floor Cleaner Without Vinegar
The most popular homemade floor cleaner consists of vinegar & water in equal proportions. It has been recommended by many experts not to use vinegar cleaner over the hardwood flooring due to its acidic nature. The cleaner consists of vinegar can dull as well as warp the hardwood flooring. The steps to prepare & use homemade hardwood floor cleaner without vinegar are as follows;
- Prepare Homemade Cleaner: First, the user needs to prepare homemade cleaner by mixing 1/4 cup of rubbing alcohol, few squirts of liquid dish soap, and a cup of distilled water in a spray bottle. It has been recommended to shake the bottle well in order to combine all the ingredients.
- Vacuum Clean The Flooring: After that, the user needs to vacuum the entire flooring with hardwood attachment to remove regular dirt. The hardwood attachment is used to clean the flooring without getting any scratch marks. Besides that, the user can wipe the regular dirt out of hardwood flooring by using a soft-bristled broom.
- Spray The Prepared Cleaner: Once the regular dirt is removed off the hardwood flooring, the user needs to spray it with a prepared homemade cleaner. It is necessary to shake the bottle before spraying and the user needs to spray the hardwood flooring in small sections for effective cleaning.
- Rub The Flooring: After spraying the cleaner over a small section of hardwood flooring, the user needs to rub the area immediately with a clean cloth to wipe off the cleaner. It has been recommended to rub the cleaner before it gets dry for thorough cleaning.
- Wipe The Flooring Dry: The last step will be to wipe dry the hardwood flooring by using a dry cloth. The small amount of moisture leftover can air dry without having any effect over the hardwood flooring.