There is a huge difference between the glue down the floor and floating floors both come with the advantages and disadvantages. Glue down simply means that the floor is directly attached to the surface with the help of the glue or adhesive. The glue-down method is a much-preferred method of the flooring as it holes it well and securely. Whereas, the floating means that the floor is not fixed with the glue rather it is attached with the floor using the joint system.
What Are The Pros/ Cons Of Floating Vs Glue Down Wood Flooring
The pros and cons of both floating and glue down flooring method are mentioned below.
The various pros and cons of the glue down method are mentioned below.
- Noiseless: The glue-down flooring does not cause hallow noise while walking.
- Comfortable: The Glue-down flooring feels comfortable and solid while walking.
- Heating System: The best part of the flooring is that it is highly compatible with any sort of under flooring heating systems.
- Trims: It does not require any trims and adheres well in any room.
- Parquet: The glue-down method is very much used for the parquet pattern flooring.
- Suitability: Much suitable for the only concrete and plywood floor types.
- Cost: The cost involvement is higher as installation requires moisture barrier and glue.
- Installation: The installation is time consuming.
- Earth Quake: Using glue down flooring option is not recommended for the earthquake-prone areas.
- Existing Flooring: The glue-down flooring cannot be laid over the existing flooring such as it does not adhere well on the tile floor.
The various pros and cons of the floating floors are mentioned as below.
- In Expensive: The floating floor is less expensive than the glue down flooring.
- Installation: This flooring types comes with instant installation.
- Radiant Heating: The floating floor is well compatible with the radiant heating systems.
- Subfloors: Adheres well to the number of the sub floors including linoleum, tiles, plywood, etc.
- Temporary Floors: The flooring can be installed over any temporary flooring with ease.
- Noise: Creates hallow noise more than that of the glue down flooring.
- Comfortability: Not comfortable as much the glue down flooring.
- Trimming: The flooring type requires trimming for proper adjustments.
- Expansion Gaps: It’s very important to keep the expansion gaps during installation. Otherwise it may result into the squeaking.
- Subfloors: The flooring requires flat and even sub floors.
- Parquet Pattern: Not recommended to use for parquet pattern flooring.