Comparison Between Engineered Wood And Vinyl
Here is the comparison between engineered wood and vinyl:
- Durability: The planks of vinyl flooring is extremely durable and resistant to scratching but Can dent or tear easily.
- Waterproof: The vinyl flooring is totally waterproof.
- Cleaning: The vinyl flooring can be steam mopped or wet mopped but the user can't apply wax on vinyl flooring.
- Maintenance: If the vinyl flooring is damaged the user can easily replace the vinyl planks.
- Pet-Friendly: The vinyl flooring is child- friendly and pet- friendly.
- Styles: The vinyl flooring comes in multiple colors, finishes, and wood species like pine and oak.
- Installation: The installation method of vinyl flooring is peel-and-stick and floating floor.
- Lifespan: The lifespan of vinyl floor planks is nearly 5-20 years, if cared properly.
- Good For Allergy Suffers: The vinyl flooring is good for allergy suffers.
- Refinishing: No the user can't refinish the vinyl flooring.
- Durability: Durability of planks of engineered wood is not good and easily be scratched or chipped. Moving appliances without safety pad may also damage the engineered hardwood.
- Waterproof: The engineered wood planks is more water resistant than other flooring material like hardwood flooring.
- Cleaning: The engineered hardwood floor Can be easily cleaned by the cleaner made for engineered hardwood or with a damp cloth.
- Maintenance: The engineered hardwood Can easily repair or refinish with stain or with wood putty also known as wood filler.
- Pet-Friendly: The planks of engineered hardwood floor is pet and child- friendly.
- Styles: The planks of the engineered hardwood floors comes in many types of wood species, colors, finishes, including exotic hardwoods.
- Installation: The method used to install engineered hardwood floor planks is glue-down, floating floor, nail-down, and staples.
- Lifespan: The lifespan of engineered flooring is nearly 20-100 years, if cared properly.
- Good For Allergy Sufferers: The planks of engineered hardwood flooring is good for allergy sufferers.
- Refinishing: Some products of engineered wood can be refinish.