Comparison Between Engineered Hardwood And Bamboo Flooring
The comparison between both the types of hardwood flooring, that is, Engineered Hardwood And Bamboo Flooring are mentioned below:
- Durability: The engineered hardwood has a great durability. As the engineered hardwood has different layers manufactured by using various wood species, the durability may vary.
- Cleaning: The dust particles are cleaned from the engineered hardwood floor with the help of vacuum cleaner or broom. These floors can also be cleaned by using a cleaning product specially manufactured for the engineered hardwoods.
- Refinishing: All the engineered hardwood floor boards need to be refinished.
- Sustainable: All the floor boards are not sustainable.
- Price: The cost of engineered hardwood ranges from $3 to $13 per square foot.
- Waxing: When these floors are installed waxing is done.
- Installation Costs: The engineered hardwood costs $3 to $10 per square foot for installation.
- Lifespan: These floors can last up to 100 years.
- Durability: Bamboo flooring is very much durable but this type of flooring may get damaged with the span of time.
- Cleaning: Dust particles from these floors can be removed by rubbing the floor surface with a wet cloth dipped in the cleaning product designed for bamboo flooring. Vacuum cleaner, dust mop, and broom can also be used to clean the bamboo flooring.
- Refinishing: Some of the bamboo flooring boards need to be refinished.
- Sustainable: Bamboo flooring is sustainable.
- Price: The price of bamboo flooring ranges between $5 to $7 per square foot.
- Waxing: During the installation of these floors waxing is not required.
- Installation Costs: Bamboo flooring costs $4 to $6 per square foot for installation process.
- Lifespan: These floors have a lifespan of 50 years.