Comparison Between Laminate And Vinyl Flooring
There are many differences between laminate and vinyl flooring. Some of the differences are given below:
- Durability: The laminate flooring is significantly durable but these floors are vulnerable to scratches with the span of time. This type of flooring may crack at the corners.
- Waterproof: Laminate flooring is not water resistant. When the laminate floors come in contact with water the floors may buckle, warp, and hence gets damaged.
- Cleaning: Laminate floors are cleaned by using only recommended laminate cleaning products. Wet mop is not used on the laminate floor surface and harsh stains are removed away from the laminate floor by using acetone.
- Maintenance: In order to maintain the shine of the laminate floor the users need to apply the laminate specific products. For repairing scratches and cracks only recommended laminate products are used.
- Styles: The laminate flooring is available in various wood styles like oak, mahogany, and cherry. Also, the laminate flooring is available in travertine, stone, and ceramic styles.
- Durability: Vinyl flooring is highly durable but placing the heavy furniture products on the floor surface may cause a dent on the vinyl floor. This type of flooring breaks down when the heavy furniture items are dragged on the vinyl floor surface.
- Waterproof: Vinyl flooring is water resistant, so vinyl can be installed in the flooring of kitchen, bathroom, etc.
- Cleaning: The vinyl floors are easy to clean. The users can use the damp mop to clean the vinyl floor surface without using any mild cleaner.
- Maintenance: For maintaining the vinyl flooring the users do not need to apply any wax polish on the floor surface.
- Styles: The vinyl flooring is available in different styles like cherry, oak, and mahogany.