Both engineered and laminate is the superior flooring options for any residential and commercial project. However, if we talk about the laminate type it is basically the synthetic flooring that comes with multiple layers the laminate is not the actual wood but offers the appearance like real wood. On the other hand, engineered wood is built up with multiple layers of plywood and different types of wood. The engineered wood offers both pre-finished and unfinished options.
Which One Is Better Laminate Or Engineered Wood Flooring
The main difference between the pros and cons of both laminate and engineered wood flooring are mentioned below.
Laminate Flooring Pros
- Durability: The laminate flooring comes with good endurance.
- Easy Maintenance: The flooring is very easy to maintain and clean just routine mopping and sweeping will get the job done.
- Pet-Friendly: It is noted as the best flooring option for the homes with pets.
- Installation: Installation does not require glue-down method as it is the type of floating floor
- Dust-Free: The flooring does not attract much dust like carpets and is good for individuals with allergy symptoms.
- High Traffic: The laminate flooring is featured with hard compressed layers and is the ultimate option for the areas with high traffic.
- Waterproof: It is not the waterproof type of flooring.
- Chipping: The laminate flooring can result into the chipping after prolonged use.
- Wet Mopping: Wet mopping can cause damage to the flooring.
- Refinishing: The refinishing on laminate is not possible.
Engineered Flooring Pros
The various pros of using engineered wood flooring are as follow.
- Appearance: Offers classy appearance and seems the same as real wood flooring.
- Maintenance: The floor can be easily mopped with the wet cloth and by applying special wood cleaning products.
- Smooth: Feels smooth while walking and does not attract allergens or dust.
- Water Resistance: The flooring comes with ultimate water resistance and has good durability too.
- Refinishing: The floor can be refinished if required.
The various cons of the engineered wood flooring are mentioned as below.
- Dullness: With the time the floor will look dull and will lose its natural grace.
- Periodic Maintenance: The periodic maintenance of the floor is very important to make it run for a long.
- Expensive: The flooring is much expensive than that of the laminate flooring.
- Special Cleaners: The floor requires the application of the special cleaners for maintenance.
- Waxing: The application of the waxing or periodic basis is required.