The Composite wood is mainly crafted from the mixture of many materials like plastic, wood fibers, and some other materials as well. These materials are put jointly in order to form such kind of product that is much denser, well built, and weighty than any other wood. The Composite wood is extremely light weighted and can easily be handled. The Composite wood is having a longer life than the rest of other woods because it is stain and scratch resistant. The Composite wood also does not need to get stained or finished like other wood needs.
There are many benefits of using the composite wood and some among them are as follows:
- Durability: The Composite decking is specifically crafted for the maximal durability. This kind of wood easily withstands the color fading, discoloration, roughness, and the cracking. This kind of wood also does not get affected by the insects that is why it is much safer to use in the homes that are having the kids and the pet animals.
- Low-maintenance: The composite wood requires minimal maintenance than the rest of other woods.
- Aesthetics: The composite wood is having the high-grade wood patterns and the composite wood is having a rich color that makes it look more graceful than the rest of other woods.
- Sustainability: The composite wood is crafted from the recycled plastic material, shopping bags, and other materials and that is why the composite wood is environmentally friendly.
Here are some of the cons of Composite wood:
- Sunlight And UV Rays: The Composite wood can get destroyed by the UV rays and the colour will get faded simultaneously.
- Cost: The composite wood is quite expensive than the rest of other hardwoods.
- Weight: The composite wood is heavier than the other woods and it is quite difficult to handle it.
- Appearance: The composite wood looks artifical and is not much traditional like other woods.