Steps to Clean Metal Patio/Outdoor Furniture
Metal refers to a material that is prepared and polished to showcase a lustrous appearance. Metals are good conductors of heat and electricity. Besides that, metals can withstand climatic changes and due to this property, metals like wrought iron & aluminum are widely used to construct outdoor/patio furniture products. The steps to clean metal patio furniture products are as follows:
- Remove Oxidation: Oxidation refers to a chemical reaction between metal & oxygen to form a chemical called rust. In order to remove light oxidation, the user needs to rub the metal furniture with a solution containing vinegar & water in equal parts. For strong oxidation, it has been recommended to rub the metal furniture with an automotive polishing or rubbing compound.
- Prepare Cleaning Solution: After that, the user needs to prepare a cleaning solution by mixing a squirt of liquid dishwashing detergent into a bucket containing warm water. The mixture should be stirred well before proceeding forward.
- Apply Solution: The next step will be to dip the scrub brush into the mixture before scrubbing the entire metal surface with it. Once done, the user needs to rinse the furniture with cold water and let it dry completely before proceeding.
- Remove Rusted Spots: The rusted spots present over the bare metal should be scrubbed & removed with sandpaper or a wire brush. Once the metal furniture is clean, rinse it with cold water, and let it dry completely.
- Apply Primer, Paint & Sealer:Once the furniture gets dry, the user needs to coat it with suited primer, paint, and sealer. It has been recommended to use a sprayer for the step in order to get effective results.