Step By Step Process To Clean Leather Sofa Using Fairy Liquid
When you are looking to clean a leather sofa, it doesn’t always need an expensive cleaning product. Occasionally, the items you already have in your home work exceptionally well. One of those items include Fairy Liquid, which is well-known as UK’s one of the most famous washing up liquids. Fairy liquid can be used in leather sofa to get rid of many problems including the following:
- Small Spills: Fairy Liquid is one of the best options when it comes to cleaning up small spills as well as preventing them from getting sticky. The majority of the foods and drinks can easily be eradicated with the help of a Fairy Liquid solution. The best thing is that it will get rid of any bacteria that has landed on the sofa as a result.
- Stains That Haven’t Settled Yet: If you have splattered a staining agent on your leather sofa, then it is highly possible that you will be able to get rid of it with Fairy Liquid before it settles into the fabric.
- Freshening Up A Leather Sofa: One of the great things about using a Fairy Liquid is that it comes in several different scents in order to suit your preferences, although, washing the dishes. This is also very helpful to those who are looking to clean leather sofas, as the varieties can be used as several fragrances. It is strongly recommended to use the lemon-scented Fairy Liquid when it comes to freshen your leather sofas and rooms up, due to the reason that the scent stays for many days.
- To Remove Dog Smell: Dog smell can be one of the worst things that can happen to your leather sofa, however, you don't need to worry, as Fairy Liquid can also be used to get rid of dog smell from leather sofa. Fairy Liquid plays a very critical role when it comes to neutralizing doggy odors. It is important to use Fairy Liquid as part of your regular cleaning routine if you are looking to keep the odors at bay.
Step By Step Process
- Test Fairy Liquid On Unnoticeable Area First: As soon as you are going to clean your leather sofa, first of all, it is extremely important to test your Fairy Liquid solution on an unnoticeable or hidden area. When you will test the Fairy Liquid, it will ensure that it doesn’t react negatively with the leather. It is better option to figure out if it does on an area of the sofa you can’t see rather than in an obvious place.
- Mix Fairy Liquid With Lukewarm Water: Make a mixture of a small drop of your selected Fairy Liquid (one part) with lukewarm water (five parts) as long as it forms a liquid solution. Using a cloth, apply a small amount of this solution onto a patch of leather that is not easily visible. This can be beneath a cushion, behind one of the legs, or on the bottom of the sofa.
- Leave The Solution On The Sofa For Few Minutes: Leave the solution on for several minutes before wiping it off. Leave the area for at least 24 hours to find out whether it has any negative impact on the leather or not, such as altering the color or making it flake.
- Unlikely That Fairy Liquid Will Alter The Leather: It is not likely to happen or improbable that it will alter the leather, however, it’s worth being sure before you start covering your entire sofa. It is highly recommended to test it out not long after getting your leather sofa, therefore, you can act quickly if in case a spill occurs in the future.