How To Clean Laminate Floors?
The look of laminate floors resembles with natural hardwood. Most of the manufacturers have recommended not using a steam mop on the laminate floors. The use of a steam mop can damage the laminate floor. Some tips are mentioned below to clean the laminate floors:
- Wet Cloth: To clean dark spill stains from the laminate floor use a wet cloth. Do not allow any liquid stain to remain on the floor for a longer time.
- Acetone Or Nail Polish Remover: For cleaning the spots of oil, ink, paint or any other tough spot, acetone or nail polish remover can be applied on the spot with the help of a white clean cloth.
- Vacuum: To prevent the floor finish from the scratches, regularly vacuum or sweep the floor surface and remove all dust particles from the floor.
- Clean: Clean the laminate floor after a specified time interval by using a cleaning product which is specially manufactured for laminate floors. The use of soap, water, and oil-detergent can damage the laminate floor surface.
- Avoid Steel Wool & Ammonia: The use of steel wool, ammonia, and chlorinated cleaners should be avoided. Also, polishing and buffing machines should not be used on laminate floors.
- Plastic Scraper: To remove the chewing gum or candle wax from the laminate floor, the spot is hardened with ice and then plastic scraper is smoothly used to remove the spot from the floor. Then the floor is cleaned with a wet cloth.