Two Easy Steps To Clean Honey Comb Blinds In The Bathtub
The Honeycomb blinds are commonly known as the cellular shades and are used to block up the light while offering good insulation in the room. The honeycomb shades can easily be defined by the cell or the gap that is having in between the back and the front of the blinds. The users can easily remove the dirt or the hard dust from the honeycomb shades by using the vacuum. The users can easily clean the honeycomb blinds in the bathtub at home by following the below-mentioned steps:
Step I- Removing The Dust
- Clean The Dust: Start by cleaning up the dust particles from the inner areas of the honeycomb blinds by using the compressed air. The users need to place the can of the spray applicator near the cell and then switch on the applicator so as to clean up the dust and the dead bugs within that area. The users are advised to place the drop cloth near the blind so that the dead bugs would fall on that cloth. If in case the user cannot afford to have the compressed air then at that time the user can easily use the dry cleaner and put it on the cool setting.
- Wipe Down The Shades: Then the users need to wipe down the surface of the honeycomb shades by using the microfiber cloth or the users can also use the feather duster to wipe down the shades. The users are advised to clean the shades in the light strokes as by applying the force while cleaning can result in the deformation of the shades.
- Use The Vacuum: Then the users need to vacuum their blinds and to do so they are advised to affix the brush to the vacuum and then wipe down the shades in the gentle strokes. The users need to put the vacuum on the low setting as if the users put it in the high setting it can end up in the shape deformation of the vacuum.
- Use The Soap And Water Mixture: Then the users need to clean up the tracks of the honeycomb blinds by using the wet rag soaked up in the mixture of the soap and the warm water. If the side tracks of the shades are very narrow and cannot be cleaned up easily then they need to use the screwdriver so as to push the damp rag directly within the side tracks of the shades so as to clean it up. The users can also use the cotton swabs instead of using the rag as the swabs are very small in size and can get fitted easily to the tracks of the shades.
Step II- Soaking The Blinds Directly In The Bathtub
- Take Down The Blinds: Start by taking down all their blinds and they are advised to close them before they are taking it down as this will make their task easier. If in case the users are cleaning up many blind sets then they are advised to label them at their base by using the sharp pencil. Then the users can easily rub off the pencil mark after they hang up the blinds back to its actual place.
- Fill The Tub With Water And Liquid Soap: Then the users need to make their tub ready and to do so they need to fill up the half bathtub with the water and then add few drops of the liquid soap to it. If the blinds are very dirty then the users can also add vinegar to the water.
- Fill The Tub With Hot Water And Bleach: In order to clean up the white blinds the users need to add the bleach to the warm water in the tub. While cleaning up the white blinds the users are advised not to use vinegar or the liquid soap. While applying this mixture the users are advised to wear up the hand gloves so as to protect the hands from the harsh impact of the bleach.
- Clean The Blinds: Then the users need to lay down one blind set inside the tub and then they need to use the sponge or the rag so as to rub-down the dirt from the set of the blinds. Then the users are advised to allow the blinds to remain soaked in the water for almost 1 hour. Then they need to remove the blinds from the tub and then rinse it well.
- Dry The Blinds: Once the users rinsed their blinds they need to shake it slowly so as to get rid of the unneeded water and then place them over the clean towel till they are not air-dried completely.