Steps For Cleaning And Restoring Teak Furniture
In order to clean & restore teak furniture, follow the below-given steps:
Here are some of the steps given for cleaning the teak furniture:
- Collect Tools And Material: The customer needs to gather material and tools like chlorine bleach, laundry detergent, warm water, plastic brush, bucket, scrubbing brush, and teak cleaner that are required for cleaning the teak furniture.
- Prepare Cleaning Solution: The customer needs to prepare a cleaning solution by combining the laundry detergent, warm water, and chlorine bleach in a bucket for cleaning the dirt and grime particles from the teak furniture.
- Apply Solution: Next step is to apply the cleaning solution on the teak furniture with the help of a plastic brush.
- Use A Scrubbing Brush: To remove any imperfection from the teak wood the customer can use a scrub brush for cleaning without damaging the teak furniture. The teak cleaner can also be used for removing stains from the surface of furniture.
- Rinse Off Cleaning Solution: Last step is to wash the cleaning solution from the teak furniture and use garden-hose to clean the remaining cleaning solution from the furniture surface and allow the furniture to dry.
The steps are mentioned below for restoring the teak furniture:
- Material Required: The customer need to gather the material like an electric sander, teak cleaner, 80-grit and 150-grit sandpaper disks, sponges, soft bristle scrub brush, teak protector, and rubber gloves for restoring the teak furniture.
- Sanding: Next step is to sand the teak furniture surface by using 80-grit sandpaper so as to remove the gray colored layer then use a garden hose to wash the furniture surface.
- Cleaning: For complete cleaning of the teak furniture product use a teak cleaner and apply it on the surface of the furniture with the help of soft bristle scrub brush. Allow the cleaner to sit on the surface for some time and wash the cleaner with a garden hose, and leave the furniture to dry. After drying completely sand the furniture surface with 150-grit sandpaper and make the surface smooth and remove residue particles from the surface.
- Protecting: Then apply a teak protector or sealer on the furniture surface with a sponge to protect it from the ultraviolet rays and after applying the protector wait for a day until the protector dries.