Steps To Clean Prefinished Hardwood Floors
There are a number of ways in order to clean the prefinished hardwood floor and they are mentioned below:
- Microfiber Mop: It is very important to clean the floor on a regular basis with the help of the microfiber mop or cloth. The dry dusting on a daily basis will help to keep the floor in the top-notch condition.
- Vacuum: The floor should be weekly vacuumed with the help of the natural-bristled brush attachment. This is because even after the daily dusting the dust gets into the nooks, crannies, etc.
- Damp Microfiber: In case of the mild dirt and the grime it can be cleaned with the help of damp mop, before mopping wring the microfiber cloth so that it is only damp and not wet.
- Cleaner: It is advisable to only use the recommended cleaners for the tough dirt. Always avoid the cleaners that have ammonia and oil soaps on prefinished hardwood.
- Spills: Incase of the spills clean it as soon as possible, in case it is not cleaned then it can go deeper in the surface. Simply dab the spills gently with the help of the microfiber cloth and dont rub aggressively.
- Residual Stains: For the residual stains use the damp cloth, for the good results dampen the cloth slightly in the cleaner that is recommended and wipe the stain.
- Direction: In order to prevent the water spots always clean in the direction of the grains.
- Avoid: Always avoid using the abrasive cleaners, as the floor can get easily scratched by abrasive cleaners and sponges.
Clean Prefinished Hardwood Floors/Engineered With The Vinegar
- Clean: First of all, clean the floor with the help of the vacuum cleaner to remove all the dust and debris before the mopping.
- Solution: Now fill a bucket with the solution of the white vinegar and warm water, simply mix half cup of the white vinegar with almost 1 gallon of the clean water.
- Clean Mop: Dip the clean mop in the solution and wring it, the mop should be damp dry and dont over saturate the mop. Then start mopping from one corner, it is best to mop in the direction of the floorboards.