Steps And Items Needed To Clean Lamp Shades With Vinegar
If your lampshade is very dirty then you can easily clean it by yourself. There are many ways of cleaning lampshades and using vinegar is one among them. If you want to clean your lampshade by using the vinegar then you just need to collect all the given items and follow all the given steps. Here are the list of the item needed and steps for this process:
Things You Will Need
- Microfiber Cloth, Lint Roller Or Vacuum Cleaner
- Liquid Laundry Detergent, Dishwashing Liquid Or Baby Shampoo
- Sponge Or Rag
- Soft Toothbrush Or Nylon-Bristle Scrub Brush
- Delicate Laundry Detergent
Cotton Or Synthetic Fabric Lamp Shade
- First of all, you need to wipe your lampshade with the help of a microfiber cloth then roll it with a sticky tape lint roller or vacuum it with the help of upholstery brush attachment to remove any type of dirt and dust.
- Fill your bathtub or you can use a large basin with enough water(warm) to swish the shade around freely within the tub or basin.
- Now you need to add one teaspoon of liquid laundry detergent and add 2-3 tablespoon of vinegar or you can also use baby shampoo or dishwashing liquid to cotton or synthetic lampshades.
- Next you need to swish the water with your hand for making suds. In order to extra whitening, you need to choose a laundry detergent which contains oxygen bleach.
- Hold your lampshade by the metal frame and then lower it into the warm water. If the lampshade is very dirty then allow it to soak for at least 15 minutes.
- Next you need to dip your sponge or you can also use soft rag into the water & wipe your lampshade clean from top to bottom area. If certain areas are exceptionally stained then scrub them with a soft toothbrush or nylon-bristled scrub brush.
- Next, pour out the soapy water solution and then refill your tub or basin with some warm water. Dip your lampshade straight up & down to remove the soap from it.
- Blot your lampshade with the help of a towel to remove extra water from the lampshade. Place your lampshade outdoors in front of a fan to speed up your drying process.
Plastic, Parchment, Fiberglass Or Laminated Fabric Lamp Shades
- First of all, you need to pour 1/4 cup of exquisite laundry detergent and 1/4 cup vinegar into your medium mixing bowl. Also, add 1 to 2 tbsps of warm water.
- Next you need to beat your detergent with your hand or electric mixture to make stiff suds in the mixture that look & feel like the whipped cream.
- Now you need to dip your sponge or rag into the suds to shovel some up. Wipe your lampshade from top to bottom, inside & outside. If your lampshade has a speculum bowl inside and then wipe it to clean fully.
- Next you need to rinse and then wring out your sponge or a rag. Wipe the suds from your lampshade.
- Finally you need to blot your lampshade with the help of a towel to remove the water from it. Place it outdoors or you can also keep your lampshade in front of a fan to speed up your drying process.