Cedarwood is an aromatic wood and has a reddish-brown heartwood grain and ranges from dark yellow to almost white. Some cedar woods are true cedar and Spanish cedar, besides that it has insect-repellant qualities.
Can Cedar Wood Be Left Untreated?
If the Cedarwood is left Untreated then it will weather to a beautiful soft silver gray. Untreated cedar is natural and looks pleasing. However, the wood has the porous that can soak the oily and greasy elements and with the span of time may become discolored if it is left in damp or shaded areas.
Cedar Wood Pros And Cons
The advantages and disadvantages of Cedar wood are mentioned below:
It is one of the durable woods that are naturally resistant to the rot, decay, insect attacks, besides that it is resistant to moisture absorption, the cedar wood needs less maintenance and will not wrap easily.Attractive:
The wood has a strong color tones that looks more attractive and can be treated for more attractive finish.Versatile:
It is very versatile wood that is available in different dimensions, textures, and grades.Environmentally Friendly:
The wood is environmentally superior to the synthetic products and is renewable and biodegradable.Affordable:
The cedar wood is an affordable wood, given its many advantages.
The cedar wood is a soft wood due to which it can be easily scratched or ented by furniture.Requires Maintenance:
It requires maintenance in order to remain well sealed, it needs maintenance after every year.
Cedar Wood Siding Pros And Cons
- Attractive: Cedar wood siding is highly attractive when stained, such as white cedar will become increasingly aesthetically pleasing and beautiful with the span time.
- Versatile: It can be easily cut into styles, like beveled or traditional shingles or shakes.
- Biodegradable: Cedar is completely biodegradable, Which means it is an excellent option for green homes.
- Flammable: Cedar Wood Siding is highly flammable unless it is specially treated.
- Maintenance: Requires regular maintenance in the form of repainting or re-staining in every three to five years.
- Expensive: Regarding the cost the cedar wood Siding is epensive, making it prohibitive for the bufget customers.