Step By Step Guide & Items Required To Build Plywood Shelves For Closet
The plywood is usually crafted from the multiple layers of the veneer wood that is then joined together so as to attain more stability. The plywood is also very durable and it can easily hold up the screws and other nails as well and apart from this the plywood is light in weight and that is why it is an ideal choice for crafting the shelves for the closet. One of the main advantages of using the plywood is that the users can easily paint or stain it and the plywood is available in different size dimensions and the users can easily choose the plywood as per their choice and requirement. The plywood does not get easily affected by the water even if kept in moisture for a longer period of time. The users can easily build the closet shelves from the plywood at home by gathering the below-mentioned materials and then following the below-defined steps:
- Kreg Circular Saw Guide Track, DeWalt Circular Saw
- Ryobi Nail Gun, Empire Square, Tape Measure
- 3/4" Thick plywood Sheet, 1x2, 96", Board
- 1x3, 96", Board, 2" Finish Nails
- 1 1/4" Finish Nails
Step By Step Guide
After collecting all the items that are required for performing this task, the users need to go through all the mentioned steps carefully and achieve the desired result:
- Trim Down The Wall Cleats: Start by trimming down the 1x2 sized wall cleats so as to make it perfectly fit with the closet space depth and then the users need to trim down the 2 cleats per shelf.
- Affix The Wall Cleats: After trimming the wall cleats, the users need to affix the 1x2 sized cleats with the wall by using the adhesive material and the two-inch sized finishing nails. The users are advised to be assured that they use the level and they also need to keep the wall cleats in the pairs.
- Trim The Plywood Sheet: After that, trim the plywood sheet so as to make it fit perfectly. The users need to calculate the space depth multiplied with the closet space width. Then they need to place the shelf in the position on the 1x2 sized wall cleats.
- Trim The Front Trims: Finally the users need to trim down the 1x3 front sided trim so as to make it fit perfectly within each front shelf respectively.