The wooden furniture looks good in-home or in the office and makes human activities easier like sitting, eating, sleeping.
The wooden furniture gets old and faded color after a short period of time and need to repaint or repair.
Steps To Paint Wooden Furniture
Here are the easy steps to paint a wooden furniture:
Preparing The Furniture
- Prepare The Area For The Painting Project: This is a first step to paint a wooden furniture. The user have to start work in well ventilated area.
- Remove: The user need to remove any type of pulls and knobs from the wooden furniture. Screw driver will work best.
- Wood Putty: The Wood putty can fill any type of holed or chipped area from furniture. Apply wood putty on the wooden furniture then remove any extra putty with putty knife.
- Sand The Surface: The sanding process will help to remove any existing lacquer and varnish. Use medium sandpaper to sand wooden furniture.
- Wipe: After sanding the wooden furniture now wipe sanding dust with a dry tack cloth that results from sanding the wooden furniture.
- Brush Or Spray: Now prime the wooden furniture with paintbrush or with a paint sprayer and dry the wooden furniutre then apply 2 more coats on it.
- Sand The Primed Surface: After primer is dried on the wooden furniture, again sand surface of the wooden furniture fine-grit sandpaper. Clean sawdust with tack cloth.
- Apply Additional Coats Of Primer: Another coat of primer is required now, apply 1 more coat of primer on the wood furniture.
Painting And Finishing
- Coat The Wooden Furniture: Choose latex paint for wooden furniutre and apply the latex paint with a foam roller and let the paint dry.
- Apply A Second Coat Of Paint: Now the user need to apply 2nd coat of latex paint and let the another coat dry before sanding it again.
- Sand Between Coats Of Paint: After drying latex paint, again sand the wooden furniture with fine grade sandpaper.
- Seal The Paint Job: Now seal the wooden furniture with best paint sealer like Chemical Guys JetSeal Paint Sealant.
- Add Or Replace Hardware: Now attach new or old knobs and pull to the wooden furniture.
- Dry: Allow the wooden furniture to dry completely.