Best Finish for Outdoor Cedar Furniture
Here are some of the finishes that are suitable for the cedar furniture:
- Paints: The Customers can simply use the oil build paints or the acrylic paints on all types of cedar wood furnishing products. These kinds of paint also hide the natural characteristics of the cedar wood product and protect it from various harmful elements. These kinds of paints are available in different colour finishes and the customer can easily choose a perfect and matching paint colour for their cedar wood item. The acrylic paints are very durable and will protect the furniture product for many years.
- Oils: The customers must use the teak oil on their cedar wood product as the teak oil offers a rich appearance to the cedar wood item. The oil finish will protect the cedar wood furnishing product for near about 2 years.
- Sealers And Wood Preservatives: The customers can also use the wood sealer in order to reduce the consumption of the water by the cedar wood product. The customers also need to use the wood preservatives in order to protect the cedar wood product from the insects. The sealers and the wood preservatives also protect the cedar wood and allow its natural ageing.
Best Way To Finish The Outdoor Cedar FurnitureHere are some of the steps by which a customer can easily finish up their cedar furniture product:
- Clean The Furniture: Firstly the customers need to clean all the dust and debris particles from the cedar furniture by using a cordless vacuum or by using a soft brush.
- Use Sandpaper: The customers then have to clean all the cracked paint by using sandpaper and rub it vigorously all over the surface of the cedar wood furniture product.
- Apply A Layer Of Primer: The Customers then have to apply a layer of alkyd oil build primer all over the surface of the furniture product by using a paintbrush and allow it to dry completely in the open air.
- Use The Paint: Once the Cedar furniture product is completely dried then the customers have to apply a thin layer of latex paint by using a thin bristled paint brush and allow the cedar furniture product to dry in the open air.