Steps to Antique Wood with Stain
The users can easily antique their Wood with Stain by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Gather All The Materials And Tools: Start by collecting all the tools and the materials that they require while performing this procedure like Sanding blocks, Brown paint, chalk paint, Paintbrush and the clean rag as well.
- Remove The Hardware: Detach all the doors and the drawers from the Furniture item by unbinding all the metal hardware like hinges, knobs and the screws as well. Save all the Detached hardware for re-attaching the hardware.
- Use The Sanding Blocks: Remove all the old finish from the entire surface of the furniture item by using the sanding blocks. Use a soft cloth to wipe away all the dust accordingly.
- Fill The Crevices: Fill all the furniture edges by applying the brown paint and then wipe away the excess brown paint by using the soft rag. Allow the brown paint to get soaked completely before applying the other layer of the paint.
- Apply The Chalk Paint: Apply the thin layer of the chalk paint by using the paintbrush to the entire surface of the wood furniture item. Allow the first coat of the chalk paint to dry for almost 24 hours before applying the second coat of the chalk paint.
- Again Use The Sanding Block: Once the chalk paint is dried completely use the sanding block and rub it gently over the furniture edges to make the furniture look antique respectively.