Advantages & Disadvantages Of MDF Wood Board
MDF(Medium-density fibreboard) is an engineered wood product. The MDF wood is used for manufacturing indoor furniture products. The advantages and disadvantages are mentioned below:
The advantages of MDF wood are listed below:
- The MDF wood furniture is less expensive than plywood.
- It has a regular surface on which the user can easily paint.
- It has smooth edges and does not contain splinters.
- Due to its smooth surface it is easy to cut the MDF wood into different designs.
The disadvantages of MDF wood are given below:
- It is a particle board.
- As it is a particle board it is recommended to use oil based primer on it.
- It does not hold screws tightly.
- It is very heavy to carry.