Benefits of Linseed Oil For Wood
Flaxseed oil or flax oil is also known as linseed oil. The linseed oil is commercially available in both liquid and capsule form. The linseed oil is helpful to fight with human cancer and helps to reduce the risk of diabetes. The linseed oil is also best for varnishing or oil finish in wood finishing. The wood floors get damaged, scratched or stained and need to refinish or repair. So, linseed oil is the best option to give a new and shiny look to the wooden floor. The linseed oil protects the wood from water and sun damage. The linseed oil reinvigorates old dried out wood and bring the wood back in healthy condition.
Steps To Apply Linseed Oil On Wood
- Sanding: Take sandpaper (120 grit) and sand the surface of the wood. Wipe the dust which results after sanding.
- Mix: Mix citrus solvent or odorless thinner with linseed oil, then the first coat of mixed linseed oil with cloth or paintbrush.
- Wipe: After 10-15 minutes wipe the surface of wood to remove excess oil from wood.
- Apply: Apply 2-3 more coats of mixed oil between the gap 12-24 hours to get the best results of wood finishing.
- Soft Touch Finish: To get the extra soft touch finish on wood wait for 24 hours after applying the final coat on wood, then use light grit sandpaper or 000000 fine steel wool on wood surface to get soft touch finish.